KMZ Industries & Brice-Baker
In 2012 KMZ Industries acquired Brice-Baker – one of the leading European manufacturers of grain storage and handling equipment. This step allowed us to introduce new generation products to our customers, which properly suit their increasing demands in capacity, reliability, and efficiency. Currently, the entire model range of Brice-Baker grain dryers (115 models) is manufactured at KMZ Industries production facility in Ukraine.
Brice-Baker grain dryers
To dry grain quickly and efficiently you need high-quality and powerful equipment. These are Brice-Baker shaft grain dryers by KMZ Industries.
First, a little history. The specialists of the company developed Brice-Baker grain dryers in England. In 2012 we acquired this company with all intellectual property. Since then, we have been producing grain dryers of European quality in Ukraine.
Characteristics of Brice-Baker grain dryers
- high capacity;
- eco friendly
- opportunity to dry all types of crops;
- wide range;
The capacity of BB grain driers reaches 300 t/h, whereas the productivity of many others grain dryers does not even reach 100 t/h. Using Brice-Baker you can dry grain in large volumes.
Efficiency. How much grain can a dryer handle using 1 m3 of gas? It’s very important factor, because you pay for grain dryer only once, but for gas you should pay on regular basis. Brice-Baker grain dryers provide fuel economy up to 15% and electricity – up to 40%.
Eco friendly. Brice-Baker equipped with aspiration system so they produce 97.85% less dust. What does it give? Firstly, safety – the dust easily ignited, which can lead not only to ignition of the grain, but also dryer. Secondly, grain dryer doesn’t put out in environment a lot of dust. The noise level reduced to 48 dB, so you can set up it near settlements.
An aspiration system allows Brice-Baker grain dryers dry all types of grain. For example, sunflower seeds and rapeseed produce much more dust than wheat, that’s increases the opportunity of ignition. In this case, drying these crops in Brice-Baker grain dryers is musch safer.
Wide range of Brice-Baker counts 115 models with productivity from 9 t/h to 300 t/h. This means that we can choose a model for any customer according to his needs.
Safety. Brice-Baker equipped with overheating sensors (fire detectors), grain level sensor and turbofan vibration sensors. Overheating sensors turn off the grain dryer as soon as the temperature in it exceeds 125° C, which prevents fire. When turbofans are fouling, they begin to vibrate harder. Vibration sensors inform about it.
We draw your attention to the fact that:
- Brice-Baker grain dryers are produced of high quality galvanized steel of European manufacture;
- grain dryers work not only on gas burners, but also on heat generators using alternative fuels;
- Brice-Baker has free access to fans, which makes it possible to clean them at the end of the season.
Heat recovery in Brice-Baker grain dryers
- Part of the exhaust hot air with the lowest moisture and air content after cooling is fed through the fan into the hot air chamber for reuse.
- Fuel consumption is reduced up to 30% compared to grain dryers without recovery.
- Air enters the hot air chamber bypassing the gas burner. This ensures fire safety.
|Air heated by Burner|
|Air heated by mixed with recuperation air|
|Exhausted air saturated steam|
|Air recuperation for reuse|
Dust suppression system
Dust doesn’t fly out of dryer during grain unloading.
- The maximum dusting of the exhaust air chamber occurs during unloading with the rapid movement of grain through the shaft of the dryer.
- To prevent dust emissions into the atmosphere during unloading, simultaneously with the opening of the unloader, the shutters installed under the fans are closed.
Attention! To prevent dust ignition, a grain dryer with a dust suppression system needs to be cleaned more often than a grain dryer with cyclofanes.
Cost and configuration of grain dryers
The price of a grain dryer is calculated individually according to your requirements. This cause by wide range of capacities and available options. Standard equipment consists of a grain dryer with an aspiration system, level sensors, overheating sensors, and temperature sensors for the treated air. The rest of the equipment is augers, bucket elevators, ladders for servicing exhaust air chambers, etc. – need to be ordered extra.